Tuesday 6 April 2010

A list & some inspiration






'Why are you going to Turkey?' I ask - 'because it's on my bucket list' he replies. 

I am sitting in the airport waiting for my flight back to London. The retired American man next to me is explaining about his bucket list (for those who don't know - a bucket list is basically a list of things you want to do before you die or 'kick the bucket').

I have always been a list maker and have been slowing knocking off things from my bucket list. While I was on holiday recently I heard about 100things.com.au and the man behind it - Sebastian Terry. Seb is aiming to achieve his '100things' before he's 30. So far he has done an amazing job and has made me think about what I want to achieve before I reach that magic number. So here it is 10 things from my ‘bucket list’ to do before I am 30*.

My ‘10 thing before I am 30’
1 - Visit Africa on safari
2 - Swim with dolphins & sharks
4 - See the Northern Lights
5 - Work at a Soup kitchen / hospital at Christmas
7 - Plant a Tree
8 - Volunteer work for at least a week
9 - An epic adventure (Trans–Siberian railway)

*This includes until the end of my 30th year.

No comments: