Friday 5 June 2009

Full On 2009

One part of my summer adventure for 2009. I will let Tara explain:
"I could say we take American youth abseiling off a castle in Wales, but that wouldn't even come close to the true gist of what we do. I could even add that we do a variety of presentations based around personal and social development but I'm still not sure that really explains it. In fact, sometimes I wonder if the only way to really understand it is to experience it yourself... but here goes...

Full On is a New Zealand based company that currently has six sites around the world. We have a client called People to People who run trips across the globe for American youth. We spend one day with these American youth. Our programme has been described as a life changing experience. Both for staff and students. It's focused around personal development, utilising outdoor activities as a medium for that. There are many opportunities provided in the day to overcome fears and create a greater understanding of our own potential. This is supported by a variety of presentations that provide tools to assist us in taking these steps and understanding the experiences and how they relate to our lives.

... Before the season started I heard a quote that has stuck with me every day, on and off programme. "Today might be the day that you change someones life". It might be today, and you might never even know the difference you've made, but live like you mean it. After all, you only get out of life what you are prepared to put in."
Kindly taken from the World Wide Climbing Blog.

No comments: